Handel’s Messiah Concerts in Vermont – 2009 Season
The Vermont Philharmonic has two Handel’s Messiah concerts:
– In Montpelier – Friday December 4th, 2009 at 7:30 pm – at the Saint Augustine Church – and in Barre – Sunday December 6th, 2009 at 3:30 pm – at the Barre Opera House – The Vermont Philharmonic performs the Messiah with conductor Lisa Jablow.
More information at: Vermont Philharmonic
– Brattleboro – Saturday December 5th, 2009 at 1 pm – 39th Annual Community Messiah Sing – Centre Congregational Church. Conductor Terry Larsen with soloists Christine Speidel, soprano, Lisa Woods, alto, Tim Levesque, tenor and Andrew Semegram, bass and organist Bill McKim. 250 to 300 singers will join in the choruses. It is a fund raising event for the homeless.
More information at: Friends of music at Guilford
– Rutland – Sunday December 6th, 2009 at 3:30 pm and 7:00 pm – The Grace Congregational Church will have its annual performance of Handel’s Messiah.
More information at: (802) 775-4301.
– Thursday December 17th, 2009 at 7:30pm, Community Church, Stowe and Friday December 18th, 2009 at 8pm, College Street Congregational Church, Burlington: Performance of the Vermont Mozart Festival orchestra with the Oriana Singers; conductor William Metcalfe
More information at: Vermont Mozart Festival http://www.vtmozart.org/
– Middlebury – Sunday December 20st, 2009 at 2 pm – Middlebury Congregational Church – A sing-along led by Jeff Rehbach, conductor of the Middlebury College Community Chorus.
More information at: Middlebury College – Annual Messiah Sing
– Stowe – Monday December 21nd, 2009 at 7:30 pm – 17th Annual Handel’s Messiah Community Sing – Stowe Community Church – It’s also a sing-along with the soloists and the 20-piece orchestra.
More information at: Go Stowe
– Arlington – Sunday December 27th, 2009 at 3 pm – 7th Annual Messiah Sing-along – St. James Episcopal Church
More information at: St. James Episcopal Church
Enjoy the music!