A Week-end of Foliage, Antique Shows and More
October 4th and 5th is a big week-end for antiques fans in Vermont this year. If you are one of those, you will definitely be delighted to know that there are actually three antiques shows taking place this week-end:
- The Lake Champlain Antiques Show – Sheraton Exhibition Center, Burlington – Exit 14 – Saturday October 4th from 10 am to 5 pm and on Sunday October 5th from 10 am to 4 pm. It is said to be Lake Champlain region largest antique show.
More information at: Antiquing Vermont
- The Vermont Antique and Expo Sale – Champlain Valley Expo, Essex Junction – Saturday October 4th from 8:30 am to 5 pm and on Sunday October 5th from 8:30 am to 4 pm. It will showcase antiques dealers and also offer seminars on antique furniture and other subjects.
More information at: Champlain Valley Expo
- 31st Annual Antiques Show – Bromley Mountain Thrill Zone, Route 11, Peru – Saturday October 4th and Sunday October 5th from 10:30 am to 5 pm.
More information at: Bromley Mountain
Quite an opportunity to drive around, admire the foliage at its peak, and discover the antique hidden gem you have dreamt of!
And for the music lovers:
- the Made in Vermont Music Festival with the Vermont Symphony Orchestra – Chandler Music Hall, Randolph – Saturday October 4th, 7:30 pm– One of the last concerts of this festival, it will play music by Vivaldi, Grieg and Gerswhin – Conductor and soloist Jaime Laredo.
More information at: Chandler Arts
And for the hikers fond of history:
- 11th Annual Mount Zion Hike – Hubbardton Battlefield Historic Site – Sunday October 5th, from 2 pm to 5 pm.
What a wonderful way to admire the breathtaking fall mountain views! The Mount Zion hike is an easy to moderate climb, offering spectacular views of the Taconics, lower Green Mountain range, and Adirondacks, and is the only vantage point from which the entire battlefield can be seen. Historic site interpreter Carl Fuller will accompany the hike and discuss the famous July 7, 1777, Revolutionary War Battle of Hubbardton, the role Mount Zion played in the battle, and what you can see from the summit. Bring sturdy shoes and enjoy!
More information at: Hubbardton Battlefield Historic Site
Related post and photos: Battle of Hubbardton reenactment
You can also enjoy the usual… and unusual activities that Vermont has to offer for its wonderful foliage season. Read our previous article: Enjoy Vermont Foliage… Differently
Enjoy this wonderful week-end and don’t miss our next week-end article… there are exciting events taking place in Vermont on October 11-12 week-end.