A Week-end of Apple Festivals
– 26th Annual Vermont Apple Festival – Springfield – Saturday October 11 and Sunday October 12. A small local event with 50 crafters and an apple pie baking contest on Sunday. It was listed as one of the Top Ten Fall Events by the Vermont Chamber of Commerce in 2007.
More information at: Springfield Apple Festival
– The Fameuse Apple – Chimney Point Historic Site – Addison – Saturday October 11, 2PM. A presentation by the botanist Elizabeth Gilbert on the historic Fameuse apple, planted by the French settlers in the 18th century. Chimney Point is charming, with its view on the lake and the foliage… and we’ll be there!
More information on Chimney Point Historic Site
– South Hero Applefest and Craft Show – South Hero – Saturday October 11 and Sunday October 12. They say it’s Vermont’s largest apple festival. Don’t they all say that? No website though…
– 36th Annual Apples and Crafts Fair – Route 4 – Woodstock – Saturday October 11 and Sunday October 12. Over 100 juried vendors. No website.
– Heirloom Apple Day at The Apple Packing Barn – The Scott Farm, Dummerston – Sunday October 12 – The Scott Farm is a land trust USA property and they grow more than 70 varieties of the Heirlom apple from around the world. They open their packing barn every Columbus week-end for this event. There is free tasting of heirloom apples baked and squeezed and presentations of the apple history at 10 am, noon and 2 pm.
More information at: Scott Farm – apple tasting days
– Dummerston Apple Pie Festival – Dummerston Congregational Church – Dummerston Center – Sunday October 12 – Also in Dummerston, this event has been taking place for more than 40 years… and it is one of the Top Ten Fall Events by the Vermont Chamber of Commerce this year. From 9 am until everything is sold out, you can buy a piece of pie or the whole pie. They make more than1500 apple pies! They also serve Vermont cheddar cheese, homemade ice cream, cider, coffee, donuts. No website.